Hopefully by now you can see why I was so eager to bring this to you in hopes that you would see my point of view. I mean there is very little in the "this case doesn't have..." category, especially at this price range.
Like I said, we have seen silent case, cases with front doors and even many other cool creations from Corsair since I got my 800D, but this case is the first to take me back to that warm and fuzzy feeling. For a case to take on the role of a silent chassis, sound proofing and redirecting the intakes air flow from the front to the sides are all things that we expect. Not many offerings in this category offer you the option for five extra fans, but you can now go with a high air flow build. Then of course there is usually the most important thing in all case designs and that is the aesthetics. With the sleek design, simple lines and a bit of elegance, the Corsair 550D fails on none of those levels.
I made mention earlier that the build just seemed to happen and I wasn't joking, well not all that much anyways. I do remember putting in the motherboard and the PSU, but the rest is a haze of just adding components, plugging it in and letting the wires fall where they may. I did spend about 20 minutes behind the tray tidying things up, but still the time was well worth it as this build looks good behind the scenes as well as in the main compartment.
Once I got to the testing phase, I went with the "as shipped" configuration and I thought I had an issue with my build. I could see the light was on behind the power button and there was a quick flicker of the HDD light, but I just could not hear anything running. I actually went around the room making sure it was the only thing powered up besides the lights and I still couldn't hear anything. I literally had to go around to the back of the chassis for any sort of noise coming from the chassis and even then it was very minimal.
In the end, I am really grasping the line built by builders, for builders, as this chassis is a prime example of that concept. I mean you can take any case on the market today and try all you can to compare it to this design, but in the end, I'm pretty sure your solution will fall short in some if not a few aspects of the design of the 550D.
What helps tremendously is that with the price I can find this chassis currently, at just less than $140 (to your door); this is a case anyone can own. I really don't think it matters that I build in cases for a living, or if it is the first time novice builder, no matter who builds inside of this chassis, you are going to love the options to change the chassis with your needs as time goes on, or if you use it as delivered, it will be a long time before this case needs to be replaced.
It's as solid of an investment as I can see right now in the mid-tower market as any other out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR sells 915,000 units since launch
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD