As the title suggest, it has been quite a long time since Corsair has made something so elegant yet still so awesome in the originality of the design and concepts included into it that I can't really see any reason not to own one. For a line like that to come from a guy like me is really saying something. The original submission of the Obsidian series, the 800D spent three full years on my desk with many and I mean many various build inside of it over that time. For the basis of this review I am speaking of only the Obsidian series and there were also great cases in the Graphite and Carbide series, mainly the 600T and the 500R stick out for those, but back to the topic at hand.
In my opinion Corsair set the bar so high with what the 800D offered and how sleek and sexy it looked sitting anywhere, that it was a real shame it came before all of the other cases I mentioned. Now the hot swap bays are gone and of course we are now speaking of a mid-tower chassis, but in the simplest of terms, this is what I would expect to come from all the handy things that evolved over the line of Corsair cases.
This yet keeping enough of the original in materials and aesthetic appeal and yet still finds a way to keep on giving with a few innovative and "now why did I think about that" aspects for other companies to try and copy. I guarantee that is going to happen to one feature in particular and that is the ingenious, yet simple solution to most cases with a front door on them and that's that they don't swing in the right direction for every situation.
I don't want to give away too much before you get to see the images along with what I am discussing. As I mentioned, some of the features may not be so "new" to the market, but it is more about the total package in this design. Yes, you have seen a few of these things before, but not like this. Nor do they have the attention to the fine details that the Corsair 550D from the Obsidian series seems to be able to pack into one design.
Get comfortable because this mid-tower has a ton to offer and I am going to cover it all. Hopefully by the end of this review you will see why I am starting off so strongly with this chassis. I know if I were in the buyer's market, this chassis has a lot of offer any builder out there and with the options housed within it, this is a chassis that if you do buy it, it will be part of your decor for years to come.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada