We recently took a look at the SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200W power supply and were quite pleased with the results of the unit and found it to be quite a solid power supply.
We were given the chance to also take a look at the 850W model so we hopped right on the opportunity to see if it represented the same value and performance offered by its bigger brother.
The ST85F-G Evolution offers a few less connectors and two-thirds of the power, but at a much cheaper price.
Read on to see if 850W model represents "the perfect balance of performance, efficiency, and quality", just as SilverStone claims it to be.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
DC output is very similar to that of the 1200W model. The unit is capable of 70A on the single 12V rail. The 3.3V is rated for 22A, while the 5V rail is rated for 25A. These have a combined total wattage of 150W. The 850W model still has the very weak -12V rail, which is rated for only 3.6W. It also has the beefy 5Vsb rail that is rated for 3.5A.
The ST85F-G Evolution shares the same feature summary as the rest of the Evolution series. It has full of protection features including over temperature protection, but the unit is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. It is instead rated for 100% continuous output at 40C. The power supply is fully modular and fully sleeved. The full modular design also allows for the use of SilverStone's PP05 short cable kit.
Antares Pro comes in with the cheapest price of $168.99. Alternatively you can find the unit for $169.99 at Directron. Hardcore Newegg fans will find the unit a tad more expensive, costing $195.82 after shipping. At about $170, the ST85F-G Evolution is one of the cheapest 80Plus Gold rated 850W models available. SilverStone backs the unit by a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED