The cable summary may look short, but don't let that fool you. The power supply is fully modular and aside from the main and dual ATX 4+4 connectors, it also has 8 PCI-E connectors, 16 SATA connectors, 6 Molex connectors, and two FDD. It is too bad that the FDD connectors aren't included as adapters as it ruins what would be a nearly perfect list of connectors and cables.
As there is only a single 12V rail there isn't much to say here other than 100A is quite bit of power for a single rail. We've seen it work fine before, so we aren't too worried.
A Look Inside
Opening the unit, we find that SilverStone has included a little more cooling than we usually see in a unit and with good reason. 1200W will create quite a bit of heat and sufficient cooling is the key to making these higher wattage units work well.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con caps cover the primary side of the SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution.
More Nippon Chemi-Con can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Cooling for the unit is provided by SilverStone's own HA125M12F-Z fan. The grill you see in the back side of the fan is why they call this a "penetrating" fan. SilverStone claims that this helps direct the air downward instead of it going off to the sides. It did a good job keeping the acoustics low and the PSU cool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- SilverStone alerted us of some changes we might required to our review. We have applied some updates from the first version.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream