Warranty Update: We sincerely apologise to both SilverStone and our readers for having originally stated in this review that this power supply only carries a 12 month warranty. While this held true in the U.S. for some time, SilverStone extended the warranty period to a much more comfortable 3 years earlier this year; the same warranty terms SilverStone has always given its European customers. It should also be noted that this information in no way affects the overall score.
After going through SilverStone's ST1000-P and seeing the quality it offered, we thought it would be great to take a look at something a little less high from SilverStone. What we came up with was the ST50F-P. SilverStone also suggested that we take a look at their PP05 Short Cable Kit, so we have included it in this review.
This 500W power supply offers half the power and significantly less connectors, but may just offer exactly what you need for your computer. Coupled with the short cable kit, the ST50F-P may be the perfect fit for your needs as well. Since the ST50F-P shares many of the same features as the ST1000-P, it should perform close to the same.
Read on to find out just how well SilverStone's ST50F-P performs and if it is worthy of your hard earned money.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SilverStone ST50-P has a single 12V rail that is capable of a 34A load. This means about 82% of the total output is available on the 12V rail, which is great for a 500W power supply. The 3.3V rail is capable of 24A while the 5V rail will handle up to 20A. This is an ample amount for almost any system that would utilize a 500W power supply, but it could certainly stand to be a little bit beefier.
SilverStone doesn't skimp on the features with the ST50F-P. It has all the protections and features we look for with the exception of the 50C rating. However, SilverStone rates the ST50F-P at 40C instead, just like the ST1000-P. It still has the 100% modular cabling which is almost unheard of for lower wattage PSU's, but also makes it an excellent candidate for their PP05 short cable kit. Unlike the ST1000-P which has an 80Plus Silver rating, the ST50F-P only manages a Bronze rating.
The SilverStone ST50F-P can be had for around $80 and is readily available online and in stores. SilverStone doesn't make any mention of warranty information on the box, but we have confirmed with SilverStone that as of last month it carries a 3 year warranty in the U.S.; the same warranty period it gives its European customers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard