Warranty Update: We sincerely apologise to both SilverStone and our readers for having originally stated in this review that this power supply only carries a 12 month warranty. While this held true in the U.S. for some time, SilverStone extended the warranty period to a much more comfortable 3 years earlier this year; the same warranty terms SilverStone has always given its European customers. It should also be noted that this information in no way affects the overall score.
After going through SilverStone's ST1000-P and seeing the quality it offered, we thought it would be great to take a look at something a little less high from SilverStone. What we came up with was the ST50F-P. SilverStone also suggested that we take a look at their PP05 Short Cable Kit, so we have included it in this review.
This 500W power supply offers half the power and significantly less connectors, but may just offer exactly what you need for your computer. Coupled with the short cable kit, the ST50F-P may be the perfect fit for your needs as well. Since the ST50F-P shares many of the same features as the ST1000-P, it should perform close to the same.
Read on to find out just how well SilverStone's ST50F-P performs and if it is worthy of your hard earned money.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SilverStone ST50-P has a single 12V rail that is capable of a 34A load. This means about 82% of the total output is available on the 12V rail, which is great for a 500W power supply. The 3.3V rail is capable of 24A while the 5V rail will handle up to 20A. This is an ample amount for almost any system that would utilize a 500W power supply, but it could certainly stand to be a little bit beefier.
SilverStone doesn't skimp on the features with the ST50F-P. It has all the protections and features we look for with the exception of the 50C rating. However, SilverStone rates the ST50F-P at 40C instead, just like the ST1000-P. It still has the 100% modular cabling which is almost unheard of for lower wattage PSU's, but also makes it an excellent candidate for their PP05 short cable kit. Unlike the ST1000-P which has an 80Plus Silver rating, the ST50F-P only manages a Bronze rating.
The SilverStone ST50F-P can be had for around $80 and is readily available online and in stores. SilverStone doesn't make any mention of warranty information on the box, but we have confirmed with SilverStone that as of last month it carries a 3 year warranty in the U.S.; the same warranty period it gives its European customers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit