Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Patriot is offering the Pyro SE products in three capacity sizes to give users a wider range of options. Those are 60GB, 120GB and the model we are looking at today the 240GB. The 240GB is the highest performance model in the cluster since SSDs perform better with more parallel reads and writes. The stated performance is on par with other SF-2281 controlled drives we've seen in the past - 550MB/s read and 520MB/s write speed. All of the common SandForce controller goodies are also included, RAISE, 55-bit ECC per 512 Sector, DuraClass and DuraWrite are all proprietary technologies unique to SandForce based drives and help give these controllers the tools needed to achieve yours tasks at class leading speeds.
I glued together two pages from Patriot's webpage. The second portion shows many of the firmware fixes from the latest SandForce / Patriot firmware release. Patriot is one of the few companies that discloses changes made in firmware releases. They are also one of the few companies that offer new firmware on day one of release. We've found this to be a very important step in the customer service process and one that brings about a better user experience, especially when a release is as important as version 3.3.2.
When first released, the Patriot Pyro SE had a difficult time on the market due to pricing issues. These came from retailers and e-tailers keeping the new kid on the block priced higher than other similar products on the market. Those issues have now been taken care of and the Pyro SE is now fighting for market share on both performance ability and price. The 60GB is available today from Newegg for just 109.99, the 120GB model is listed at 164.99 and the 240GB model we are looking at today is at 404.99. All prices are after modest mail in rebates but are now some of the better deals available for high performing SF-2281 / synchronous flash based drive, i.e. the ones you want to purchase for your system.
The entire Pyro product line does suffer from one flaw for desktop users. Neither the Pyro nor the Pyro SE ship with a desktop adapter bracket, something we like to see with all SSD products. A standard three year warranty is included with both products, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Patriot Pyro SE 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Early copy of No Man's Sky allegedly sold for $1,250
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio