Accessories and Documentation
The universal back plate is for both AMD and Intel mounting. It has holes to allow for socket screws and to make room to clear surface mounted components on the motherboard. This side, the Intel side, already has plastic spacers attached to the plate. For AMD users, you want the reverse side of this plate, and you isolate from the motherboard with a pair of stickers you will see in a bit.
The first things to fall out of the hardware box were the socket LGA2011 screws with a mounting instruction sticker on the bag, and the options for powering the fans. The Y-splitter on the left with black ends is just a power splitter. The one with the beige connections has a resistor built into the splitter to reduce fan speed and noise if you want a silent solution in your build.
In another bag you will find this assortment. There are screws used with AMD mounting, a tube of thermal paste, the AMD isolation stickers, the LGA775 adapter, four black spacers, four screws, and the nuts to secure the mounting hardware to the motherboard.
Here we have four black rubber fan mounting straps at the top with the Intel top mounting legs on the left, and AMD legs on the right of the cross bar I showed you earlier.
For AMD users, socket orientation is of no concern. Simply use those small screws and secure all four of the AMD and Intel legs together, then mount it to the motherboard. This way you now have screws on all four sides and can mount the cooler blowing out the back of the chassis even if the socket didn't allow for that before.
The included FZ fans got a revamp and you are looking at the pair included in the box. They are built with sturdy black frames surrounding thirteen white fan blades. As will the HAVIK140, there are no LEDs; just the white on black on nickel color theme is what you get with the HAVIK 120.
The instructions come all folded up and open to eight sections, front and back. Everything you need to know about the installation can be found in here for both AMD and Intel. Along with the included parts list there are large detailed drawings to take you through step by step on mounting the HAVIK 120.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 120 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System & Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines