Not too long ago I was given the HAVIK 140 by NZXT and not only was it a super efficient cooler, it made it into my spare rig and cooled the i5 750 since I received it. To say the HAVIK 140 impressed me is an understatement. I did find a long term issue with the rubber fan mounts getting cut by the sharp edges of the fins, but NZXT corrected the issue for me when I addressed it with them. This also gave NZXT a heads up to look at the fan connections used on the HAVIK 140s and see if there isn't something they can do to make this stop happening all together.
Since I have already seen what the new version has in store, the first thing I looked at were the fan mounts. While they are built from the same molds for the rubber to be formed into, I do believe the consistency of the rubber is a bit thicker and stronger this time around; at least they sure feel that way compared to the broken version I have sitting here. I am glad to see that all aspects of this design have been gone back over to even improve on the smallest things.
Improving technology is what it is going to take to make a 120mm fan powered version perform to the level of the HAVIK 140 with its pair of 90 CFM 140mm fans blowing across the stack of fins and the twelve ends of the six pipes running through it. Essentially the HAVIK 140 has everything built into it that you would assume would make a good performing cooler. As with anything in the cooling industry, if you are dropping from 140mm fans to 120mm fans and using fewer pipes to deliver the heat into the path of the airflow, something has to give. Soon enough we will find out if the performance is what takes the hit, or if the cooler performs really well; the sound levels are likely to go up to compare to the flow that the 140mm version offers.
Today we are going to be getting to know the HAVIK 120 from NZXT. I just got this cooler within the last week and from what I can see today on the internet, news of the cooler has been removed from the secret vault and is all over the web now. There are some issues with fitting the bigger 140mm version into tighter cases and NZXT seems to have thought it through pretty well with this design. Less obstruction on the motherboard, lighter and easier to use and it fits in more places than the HAVIK 140 will - all great reasons to settle in and keep reading about the new HAVIK 120 from NZXT.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 120 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System & Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti AMP! smile for photos
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra unveiled
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada