The Eminent EM7280 hdMEDIA RT3 HD Media Player
Out of the box the EM7280 inside is all black with an acrylic facing. On the front of the unit there is the Eminent name/logo and just above the remote control "eye" there is the model number also printed on with white paint. Across the top of the unit the Eminent name is pressed into the plastic top when it was molded.
Looking a bit closer at the top left corner of the unit, Eminent chose to show that the EM7280 definitely includes dts-HD, Dolby TRUEHD and uses HDMI for connectivity as one of the options.
The left half of the back of the unit has connectivity for the power adapter at the far left. Working my way closer, there is another USB 2.0 Host port, the USB 3.0 port for transferring data from a PC, the HDMI port, and the LAN port.
If HDMI just won't work for your needs, there is also the coaxial audio and video connections that can be made for outputting signals to various devices and TVs. For digital audio there is the Optical connection next to a pair of knockouts that are for wireless models and their antennas. On the far right there is a fan to keep things cool inside the unit and is always powered and isn't noisy at all.
Under the EM7280 there are four small rubber pads that are double sided taped to the unit for feet. The rest of the bottom is taken up but the removable panel with the sticker containing the model number, serial number and its compliances.
As the icon and arrows infer, when you install the hard drive, you need to remove these two screws and release this plate to gain access to the mounts and connections.
Once the plate is removed you use the four tabs raised off the panel to mount a 3.5" hard drive right to the inside of it. There is also a bit of ventilation added to give the fan a source of cooler air.
Just make sure the drive is aligned with the internal connections, and with the screws provided in the box, you can screw it into place and move on being a step or two away from enjoying what the EM7280 offers.
Looking inside the unit, you can see the Realtek processing chip, the Nanya memory for the system and the Hynix flash chip that holds the operating system. The cables on the left are standard SATA power and SATA cable connections that you plug into the hard drive. You can also see the USB 2.0 host and SD card ports on the side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Eminent EM7280 hdMEDIA RT3 HD Media Player]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China