Installation and Finished Product
Mounting the cross bar takes a bit of patience, there isn't a lot of room to get your fingers in here, so I used some pliers to get the screw into place, then as you can see you screw in the thumbscrew to lock the bar to the top of the base.
The motherboard end of the installation is really easy. Put the screws in the back plate and send them through the holes in the board. Then you set on the spacers, top it with the braces, and then secure them with thumbscrews. It is that easy.
The Intel back plate will allow for the four sockets listed on it. You just need to stick the screws with oversized hex heads in the right set of holes. As you can see the size of these heads allows the screws to "lock" as they are spun, against the bent sides of the plate.
With the cooler installed, still fan-less, you can see the body of the cooler sits very high off the motherboard and allows plenty of room for my taller Mushkins to have room under the fins.
Even though the cooler body cleared the closest memory stick, the one furthest away did cause the fan in the front to need to run a bit higher than it should, but it still fit like this in my mid tower 600T SE like this.
I added the third fan just to show how massive the PH-TC14PE can be as it makes the whole top half of my motherboard disappears in this image. There is enough room left to get to the 24-pin connection, and you can see the top of the rear I/O components, but that is it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- Far Cry 5 box art shows villains, airplanes, and chaos
- Sony's Project FIELD mobile tech may release in 2017
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017