Our last PSU review took an in depth look at the performance of the Jou Jye BW-B620JL power supply. Many of our readers probably wanted to learn a bit more about the linking feature that allows multiple Jou Jye PSU's to be linked together.
Jou Jye claims that a user is able to link two of these out of the box and then able to link a total of seven power supplies with some additional hardware offered by the company. Today we are going to take a deeper look at this feature and see if it is really all that it is cracked up to be.
Compatible PSU's and Additional Hardware
Jou Jye currently has three power supplies available that can be linked together. These are the BW-B430JL, BW-B520JL and BW-B620JL. When linked in a pair, this gives you a maximum total wattage of 1240W. This isn't too impressive considering there are single PSU solutions that are readily available and deliver more power than this. Factor in the approximate cost of two BW-B620JL PSU's and they are around the same price as well ($250).
Linking the two power supplies is achieved via the included Multi-Link Cable (MLC). Jou Jye includes one of these with each of their power supplies.
Jou Jye includes a special connector on the 20+4 pin main connector. The MLC goes in line with this connector when you want to use multiple PSU's to power a single system and joins the second power supply in the same manner.
The real purpose of Jou Jye's linked PSU technology is to achieve a total wattage output of more than 1500W which is roughly the current limitation of a single PSU. In order to do this, Jou Jye has the BW-MLD. This stands for the Multi-Link Driver Board and must be purchased separately.
In order to use the BW-MLD, you are also required to have one PLC-3P Multi-Function Cable (MFC) for each power supply. These are not included with each power supply and must be purchased separately as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4