Our last PSU review took an in depth look at the performance of the Jou Jye BW-B620JL power supply. Many of our readers probably wanted to learn a bit more about the linking feature that allows multiple Jou Jye PSU's to be linked together.
Jou Jye claims that a user is able to link two of these out of the box and then able to link a total of seven power supplies with some additional hardware offered by the company. Today we are going to take a deeper look at this feature and see if it is really all that it is cracked up to be.
Compatible PSU's and Additional Hardware
Jou Jye currently has three power supplies available that can be linked together. These are the BW-B430JL, BW-B520JL and BW-B620JL. When linked in a pair, this gives you a maximum total wattage of 1240W. This isn't too impressive considering there are single PSU solutions that are readily available and deliver more power than this. Factor in the approximate cost of two BW-B620JL PSU's and they are around the same price as well ($250).
Linking the two power supplies is achieved via the included Multi-Link Cable (MLC). Jou Jye includes one of these with each of their power supplies.
Jou Jye includes a special connector on the 20+4 pin main connector. The MLC goes in line with this connector when you want to use multiple PSU's to power a single system and joins the second power supply in the same manner.
The real purpose of Jou Jye's linked PSU technology is to achieve a total wattage output of more than 1500W which is roughly the current limitation of a single PSU. In order to do this, Jou Jye has the BW-MLD. This stands for the Multi-Link Driver Board and must be purchased separately.
In order to use the BW-MLD, you are also required to have one PLC-3P Multi-Function Cable (MFC) for each power supply. These are not included with each power supply and must be purchased separately as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni