Our last PSU review took an in depth look at the performance of the Jou Jye BW-B620JL power supply. Many of our readers probably wanted to learn a bit more about the linking feature that allows multiple Jou Jye PSU's to be linked together.
Jou Jye claims that a user is able to link two of these out of the box and then able to link a total of seven power supplies with some additional hardware offered by the company. Today we are going to take a deeper look at this feature and see if it is really all that it is cracked up to be.
Compatible PSU's and Additional Hardware
Jou Jye currently has three power supplies available that can be linked together. These are the BW-B430JL, BW-B520JL and BW-B620JL. When linked in a pair, this gives you a maximum total wattage of 1240W. This isn't too impressive considering there are single PSU solutions that are readily available and deliver more power than this. Factor in the approximate cost of two BW-B620JL PSU's and they are around the same price as well ($250).
Linking the two power supplies is achieved via the included Multi-Link Cable (MLC). Jou Jye includes one of these with each of their power supplies.
Jou Jye includes a special connector on the 20+4 pin main connector. The MLC goes in line with this connector when you want to use multiple PSU's to power a single system and joins the second power supply in the same manner.
The real purpose of Jou Jye's linked PSU technology is to achieve a total wattage output of more than 1500W which is roughly the current limitation of a single PSU. In order to do this, Jou Jye has the BW-MLD. This stands for the Multi-Link Driver Board and must be purchased separately.
In order to use the BW-MLD, you are also required to have one PLC-3P Multi-Function Cable (MFC) for each power supply. These are not included with each power supply and must be purchased separately as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn is 'best' 4K game on PS4 Pro so far
- Nintendo Switch has 25.9 GB available memory, OS is 4GB
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- GTX 1080 Ti teased in Halo Wars 2 official requirements
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league