One of the perks of doing reviews on computer parts and peripherals is that you not only get to work with some of the best names in the industry, but also often get to work with companies who haven't yet made a name for themselves in one way or another. Today we are dealing with the latter in that most of our readers aren't going to have heard of Jou Jye Computer before. This is mostly because the company is known more in the OEM world and is slowly starting to push into the consumer world.
The unit that we are taking a look at today is the BW-B620JL power supply. It is a 620W power supply rated for Bronze level efficiency. The unit has a great list of connectors and 100% Japanese capacitor construction, however that isn't what has us intrigued the most. The unit has the ability to be linked directly with other power supplies from the same line and thus increase the total wattage of your system by running dual power supplies with ease...or more. Let's take a look and see what the BW-B620JL has to offer and just how well it performs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Taking a look at the paper specs of the BW-B620JL power supply, we find that there are dual 12V rails capable of 24A each, with a combined total output of 48A. Both of the minor rails are capable of the same 24A each, but they have a combined maximum output of 130W. Add in the -12V and 5VSB rails and you have a combined total output of 620W. This certainly is far from powering a quad GPU system, but when linked it could be very close to doing so.
As we can see from the feature summary, there are a few things lacking from the Jou Jye unit. The two big ones are the over temperature protection and lack of being rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. The unit also lacks modular cables, but that is often a personal preference more than anything. It does feature over voltage/power/current protection, cable sleeving and is 80Plus Bronze certified.
Those in the US are going to play hell trying to get their hands on the BW-B620JL at the moment. Jou Jye is currently working on bringing the unit to the US and as such, there isn't any pricing information available either. The unit can be found with some digging in the UK for about £80. This works out to be about $125 USD, so it certainly isn't cheap by any means. By comparison, the last 620W PSU we looked at was the Antec HCG-620 and it had an MSRP of $79.99. There was no mention of warranty from Jou Jye either.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit