The Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid Tower Case
The front of the 400R is rather sleek with the round edges off the sides and top, as the front plastic bezel meets the shape of the steel case behind it. There are four mesh covers for the 5.25" external bays with two circles showing through the mesh at the bottom with the Corsair name plate that allows for the fans behind it to breathe.
The Front I/O panel is flush with the plastic bezel offering the backlit power button with the HDD activity light below it. You move on to a pair of USB 3.0 ports, the 3.5mm headphone and MIC jacks, and a IEEE-1394 connection before you see the oblong On/Off switch for the LED lighting, and the little reset button below it.
The left side of the case has the "hood scoop" shaped bump that allows more room internally for the optional fans to hang on the door without actually having to make the whole side of the case that deep dimensionally. You have the option to hang one or two, either 120mm or 140mm fans here.
There is a lot going on in the back, as I noticed where the case took the damage on the right side here. That aside the 400R still offers eight expansion slots, a bottom mounted PSU, and four holes for water cooling tubing to exit the rear of the case.
The right side of the case shares the same "bump" as the left side offered, this time with no added ventilation. The reasoning here is to allow much more room than a flat panel offers to hide wiring and still be easy to close with a ton of it in here.
The top of the chassis offers the placement of two 120mm fan, or offers 15mm spacing for dual 120mm radiators, specifically to match the Hydro Series H100 cooler. Again the mounting is there for 140mm fans as well so there are other options to look at. Up near the top you can see the recess that makes for a pretty sturdy handle at the top.
Under the chassis there is a large dust filter to keep the PSU intake and optional 120mm or 140mm fan in front of it from dumping dust into the chassis. The four large plastic feet are padded with rubber to keep the chassis in place, and I found them to be very sturdy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications