Lately we've been trying to reach out and make sure that we cover a wide range of manufacturers in an effort to provide you with more information when choosing a power supply. One such manufacturer that we have yet to see on our bench that we have had several requests for is Kingwin. Kingwin has been around for nearly 20 years in the DIY computer business providing a wide range of products to customize your PC, including power supplies.
Today we are taking a look at Kingwin's Lazer Platinum LZP-550. The unit boasts 550W of power delivered with 80Plus Platinum efficiency. This is probably one of the most attractive features of this power supply from an enthusiast standpoint, but it does have quite a few other features as well. Keep reading on to find out just how well the LZP-550 performs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Kingwin's LZP-550 features a single 45.5A 12V rail capable of producing up to 99% of the power supply's total output. Both of the minor rails are capable of 20A each with a combined output of 100W. Total power output at Platinum efficiency is 550W. One of the things that you'll notice with the LZP-550 is that it can be "overclocked" to 650W of power. That is a tad misleading. The LZP-550 is essentially a 650W Gold rated power supply that performs at Platinum efficiency when rated for 550W.
Since this is labelled and branded as a 550W power supply, that is how we will look at and test the power supply. This isn't the first time we have seen this. If you haven't caught on yet, this sounds an awful lot like the Super Flower Golden King 550W PSU we reviewed. That's because it is the same power supply, simply rebranded.
One of the things many people will find odd about the LZP-550 is the full set of features that it has. Many of the features that we see here are reserved for higher end enthusiast power supplies, such as the 50C rating. Everything is included as part of this power supply, including over-temperature protection, 80Plus Platinum efficiency and universal modular cables that can be plugged into any of the modular plugs.
The Kingwin LZP-550 power supply can be readily purchased from Newegg. It lists for a price of $149.99 which ties it for the most expensive power supply in the 500W-600W category. While it may be the most expensive, it is also the only Platinum rated power supply in the group. Kingwin proudly backs the LZP-550 with a 5-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients
- Technology and Innovation Key to Cost Reduction and Capital Efficiency as Companies Strive to Meet Future Energy Demand, IHS Says
- Patriot Introduces 128GB Compact USB Flash Drives for Optimal Portable Storage Solutions