Getting into the BIOS, I was surprised to find that ECS have opted for that graphical UEFI interface. I only say surprised because we saw that MSI who have a graphics interface on their Z68 boards not use it on their A75 one. Clearly that's not a trend for everyone, though.
As for the BIOS itself, it's not too bad. We've got plenty of options as we work our way through it and as soon as you enter you are in "EZ Mode", like we see ASUS do. It's not a bad idea as it lets you do a few little things without having to get into the scary part that freaks most people out.
It's not the most advanced BIOS and for the most part there's not much that bothers me. With that said, there is one thing and that is related to the voltages. It's really annoying when companies don't give you either the ability to select the voltage you want, for example 1.65v on your RAM, or when they only offer the + mV option and don't show what the current voltage is at.
What you end up having to do is go back to Advanced, look at the PC health to see what the voltage is at, then go back to the M.I.B III section and set the mV to what you need so you can have 1.65v on your RAM. It's not the end of the world, but it's indeed a little bit annoying. The addition of just what the voltages are at will be extremely handy and hopefully this is something ECS can implement in a future BIOS update.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism