Getting into the BIOS, I was surprised to find that ECS have opted for that graphical UEFI interface. I only say surprised because we saw that MSI who have a graphics interface on their Z68 boards not use it on their A75 one. Clearly that's not a trend for everyone, though.
As for the BIOS itself, it's not too bad. We've got plenty of options as we work our way through it and as soon as you enter you are in "EZ Mode", like we see ASUS do. It's not a bad idea as it lets you do a few little things without having to get into the scary part that freaks most people out.
It's not the most advanced BIOS and for the most part there's not much that bothers me. With that said, there is one thing and that is related to the voltages. It's really annoying when companies don't give you either the ability to select the voltage you want, for example 1.65v on your RAM, or when they only offer the + mV option and don't show what the current voltage is at.
What you end up having to do is go back to Advanced, look at the PC health to see what the voltage is at, then go back to the M.I.B III section and set the mV to what you need so you can have 1.65v on your RAM. It's not the end of the world, but it's indeed a little bit annoying. The addition of just what the voltages are at will be extremely handy and hopefully this is something ECS can implement in a future BIOS update.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft founders raise company stake to repel Vivendi
- Samsung sells around 12,000 Galaxy S8 units daily
- EU fines Google $2.7 billion for breaking antitrust law
- Anthem is sci-fantasy, not sci-fi like Mass Effect
- Nintendo to produce significant stock of SNES Classic
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller