I really like Sapphire and I hate to say it, but I really went into this review with low expectations from them. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but after looking at the P67 motherboard I found myself thinking, sure, Sapphire can make a motherboard, but really they need time with the chipset before they can create something great like the X58 board we looked at.
I was proven so wrong, though. Sure, they're a little later to the party with A75, but we're talking only a few weeks, and really, they were later to the P67 party and still didn't manage to show us something that is as strong as the board we've got here today.
This is an amazing board! You probably find yourself thinking, though, what makes it so amazing? Its overclock is quite in line with some of the other boards you've looked at. Well, yes, that's true when it comes to the APU, but not in the memory department.
We've managed to achieve some crazy results with the memory on this board, but we want to leave that for a quick little separate article where we get a bit more down and dirty with the board. For now, though, let me leave you with the screenshot below.
Above you can see we've got our G.Skill Flare kit running at 2147MHz DDR with a 7-9-7-24 setup. This is the highest we've seen this kit go at these timings to date, but really, this was only the start of our memory success. We can't tell you anymore yet, but keep an eye out to see just what we could really do with this motherboard.
In the end, Sapphire has put together a really fantastic motherboard here and it's going to be one of the most important for the company we've seen, as it shows people that they're able to produce a fantastic product at launch. Combined with the bundle that includes Dirt 3 and a USB 3.0 header, this is just a stand out motherboard.
The last award I thought I'd be giving a Sapphire motherboard was an Overclocking one, but this comes well deserved. Sapphire has just done a great job here and the motherboard team should be holding their heads high. Let's hope this trend of quality motherboards continues from the company, because let's be honest, we now know they can do it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available