Corsair's HX1050 comes with a very comprehensive list of cables and connectors. Native cables include the Main connector, one ATX 4+4 connector and two 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors. The modular cables add another four 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors and one more ATX 4+4 connector. All of the peripheral cables are modular as well and include 12 SATA and 12 Molex connectors over six cables.
The Corsair HX1050 has simple rail distribution with everything on a single 12V rail. This is quite a bit of power on a single 12V rail, but everything should be fine. If the AX1200's single 12V rail didn't cause any problems with its massive 100A rail, the HX1050 shouldn't have any issues with only 87.5A.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off the HX1050 gives us a good shot of how well things are laid out. The cooling is sufficient in the places it is needed, but certainly not the most spectacular we have seen.
On the primary side of the power supply, we see that Corsair has chosen a pair of Panasonic 105C capacitors. We've seen quite a few power supplies utilizing these capacitors and all have done quite well.
Corsair chose to utilize Nippon Chemi-con caps where needed on the secondary side of the power supply, giving the HX1050 100% Japanese capacitor construction.
Although it isn't pictured, our readers should be familiar with the fan that cools the HX1050. It is a 140mm Yate Loon fan, model D14BH-12.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- Titanfall devs working on Star Wars third-person adventure game
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth, Hardline Robbery DLC temporarily free
- Left 4 Dead, Evolve devs working on a new unannounced IP
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience