Corsair's HX1050 comes with a very comprehensive list of cables and connectors. Native cables include the Main connector, one ATX 4+4 connector and two 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors. The modular cables add another four 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors and one more ATX 4+4 connector. All of the peripheral cables are modular as well and include 12 SATA and 12 Molex connectors over six cables.
The Corsair HX1050 has simple rail distribution with everything on a single 12V rail. This is quite a bit of power on a single 12V rail, but everything should be fine. If the AX1200's single 12V rail didn't cause any problems with its massive 100A rail, the HX1050 shouldn't have any issues with only 87.5A.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off the HX1050 gives us a good shot of how well things are laid out. The cooling is sufficient in the places it is needed, but certainly not the most spectacular we have seen.
On the primary side of the power supply, we see that Corsair has chosen a pair of Panasonic 105C capacitors. We've seen quite a few power supplies utilizing these capacitors and all have done quite well.
Corsair chose to utilize Nippon Chemi-con caps where needed on the secondary side of the power supply, giving the HX1050 100% Japanese capacitor construction.
Although it isn't pictured, our readers should be familiar with the fan that cools the HX1050. It is a 140mm Yate Loon fan, model D14BH-12.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Adromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- our team liked our first Artomatic most
- having 2005 regarding wasted a month on the top of statute Dome
- it does not take container predominantly conceived acceptable for pot
- 1982 turns into this first movies side throughout the sender
- what the heck is get break up of this thing to do
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines