Inside the Box
Sliding things out of the box, we find that the power supply is well protected by lots of foam and everything is snugly in place so that it doesn't slide around.
Removing the power supply from its felt bag reveals a familiar matte black finish as we've seen with many of Corsair's PSUs. On top of the HX1050 sits the I/O specification label.
Both sides bear the Corsair logo and HX1050 identification.
Turning things towards the front, we find the modular connections. Native cables entering the power supply go all the way inside the unit and are well protected by the grommet in the opening.
At the back we find a massive toggle switch and the standard honeycomb mesh grill that allows for hot air to be vented from the unit.
Cooling the HX1050 is a 140mm fan with wire grill. The use of a non-standard grill looks great with the design of the power supply.
Plenty of modular cables are included with the HX1050. It is great of Corsair to realize that floppy connectors are not needed any more and simply include Molex to FDD adapters.
Also included in the box are the user manual, power cable, cable ties, mounting screws and a case badge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now