Inside the Box
Sliding things out of the box, we find that the power supply is well protected by lots of foam and everything is snugly in place so that it doesn't slide around.
Removing the power supply from its felt bag reveals a familiar matte black finish as we've seen with many of Corsair's PSUs. On top of the HX1050 sits the I/O specification label.
Both sides bear the Corsair logo and HX1050 identification.
Turning things towards the front, we find the modular connections. Native cables entering the power supply go all the way inside the unit and are well protected by the grommet in the opening.
At the back we find a massive toggle switch and the standard honeycomb mesh grill that allows for hot air to be vented from the unit.
Cooling the HX1050 is a 140mm fan with wire grill. The use of a non-standard grill looks great with the design of the power supply.
Plenty of modular cables are included with the HX1050. It is great of Corsair to realize that floppy connectors are not needed any more and simply include Molex to FDD adapters.
Also included in the box are the user manual, power cable, cable ties, mounting screws and a case badge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99