Looking at our testbed, you're not going to see any surprises when it comes to what we're dealing with. As for the boards we've got in our graphs today, they include the full sized ATX board from MSI using the same chipset, the Z68A-GD80. Along with this we've also got our ASRock Z68 Extreme4 and ASRock X58 Extreme3 based on the X58 chipset and utilizing a i7 980X CPU.
On the overclocking side of things, we did fire up OC Genie II again via the onboard button and as you can see below, we got boosted to that 42x multiplier. It essentially helps push us up to 4.2GHz or 4190MHz to be exact, as the BCLK sits just below 100.
Because we've already tested the MSI Z68A-GD80 with OC Genie II at 4.2GHz, we didn't worry about it today. Instead we headed back into the BIOS to see what kind of overclock we could achieve when messing around with the voltages and multiplier.
We ended up pushing the multiplier up to 51x and with the BCLK sitting just below 100 we ended up with a final overclock of 5088MHz or 5.09GHz as listed in our graphs. While this overclock does fall short of what we achieved with its big brother, this is a stronger overclock than we got out of the ASRock board which is good.
Something worth noting is that we didn't push the voltage as high on this. While normally we would venture up to 1.5v on the vCore, the BIOS gave us a warning to not go past 1.4v. Of course, we went past 1.4v, but only up to 1.45v which is reported at 1.44v. From an everyday perspective this is probably a safer level to be at and hopefully the temps will tells us that.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points