Looking at our testbed, you're not going to see any surprises when it comes to what we're dealing with. As for the boards we've got in our graphs today, they include the full sized ATX board from MSI using the same chipset, the Z68A-GD80. Along with this we've also got our ASRock Z68 Extreme4 and ASRock X58 Extreme3 based on the X58 chipset and utilizing a i7 980X CPU.
On the overclocking side of things, we did fire up OC Genie II again via the onboard button and as you can see below, we got boosted to that 42x multiplier. It essentially helps push us up to 4.2GHz or 4190MHz to be exact, as the BCLK sits just below 100.
Because we've already tested the MSI Z68A-GD80 with OC Genie II at 4.2GHz, we didn't worry about it today. Instead we headed back into the BIOS to see what kind of overclock we could achieve when messing around with the voltages and multiplier.
We ended up pushing the multiplier up to 51x and with the BCLK sitting just below 100 we ended up with a final overclock of 5088MHz or 5.09GHz as listed in our graphs. While this overclock does fall short of what we achieved with its big brother, this is a stronger overclock than we got out of the ASRock board which is good.
Something worth noting is that we didn't push the voltage as high on this. While normally we would venture up to 1.5v on the vCore, the BIOS gave us a warning to not go past 1.4v. Of course, we went past 1.4v, but only up to 1.45v which is reported at 1.44v. From an everyday perspective this is probably a safer level to be at and hopefully the temps will tells us that.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015