Looking at the test system setup, you're not going to see anything you haven't seen that wasn't already included in our recent motherboard reviews. Considering we already really know how the Z68 performs when compared to both the P67 and X58 platform, the main thing we want to find out today is, does saving $70 mean we lose performance?
Before we get into the performance side of things, though, let's check out the overclocking side.
Overclocking performance was strong achieving 4.92GHz on our 2600k. This is about 130MHz lower than what we achieved on the Z68 Extreme4.
At a 50x multiplier and 100 / 101 BCLK we had some issues under Windows when we would get our benchmarks up and running. By moving back just a single multiplier, though, to 49x, we managed to achieve just over 4.9GHz and the board ran 100% stable.
Considering that 5GHz isn't achievable on all 2600k CPUs as it is, this is an alright overclock. People who opt for a cheaper board will also more than likely not be overclocking nearly as heavily.
Moving from the default 3.4GHz to 4GHz - 4.2GHz isn't going to be a problem and most people will be extremely happy with that as an everyday overclock.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- ASUS VR headset makes a surprise appearance at Computex
- MSI wants to put a GTX 1080 in its new VR PC backpack
- ZOTAC's GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme is a BEAST, and we love it
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream