OCZ Technology has expanded rapidly over the last decade. No longer do they simply provide memory products for your computer, but have a vast selection of products to fulfill your computing needs. OCZ has acquired many differing companies in the last several years and have raised the bar in quality computer products. OCZ's purchase of PC Power & Cooling marked the company's dedication in the power supply sector. Most recently, OCZ has released the ZX series of power supplies.
The ZX series of power supplies is aimed at powering gaming and enthusiast systems alike and is available in 850W, 1000W, and 1250W flavors. This range of power supplies offers plenty of power for those seeking to power systems with a single GPU all the way up to a triple GPU system with dual processors. The ZX series of power supplies boast 80Plus Gold certification, fully modular cables, and a single 12V rail. Today we take a look at the ZX 850, the smallest of the three ZX series power supplies.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As you can see from above, the OCZ ZX 850 comes with a strong rail setup. The single 12V rail is capable of pushing 70A, which is plenty of power for even a pair of high end graphics cards these days. The 3.3V and 5V rails are equally as beefy for an 850W power supply, with the 3.3V rail rated for 24A and the 5V rail rated for 30A.
OCZ packs quite a few features into the ZX series of PSU's. As you would expect, OCP/OVP/OTP are present as well as SCP and OPP. All of the cables are modular and sleeved and the 850W version even comes with dual ATX 4+4 connectors should you need it. The ZX 850 is 80Plus Gold certified, providing great efficiency even at full load. The only thing we can find lacking is that the ZX 850 is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
OCZ's ZX 850 is widely available and can be found easily. The ZX 850 PSU comes with an MSRP of $199.99. Newegg is currently selling it $10 cheaper thanks to a mail-in rebate offer. Fortunately it can be had even cheaper than that. At the time of writing this article, the ZX 850 could be found for $179.99 with free shipping and a $10 mail-in rebate dropping down the price to $169.99. That makes the ZX 850 extremely competitively priced in the 850W segment of power supplies. Those purchasing a ZX series power supply from OCZ will also be pleased to know that it is backed by a 5-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio