Back in 2008, Corsair launched the TX series of power supplies. It was an instant success and a power supply that many still love today. It provided plenty of power for gamers and enthusiasts and did so without breaking the bank. The TX series also offered great connector availability and longer cables for those with larger cases and those that routed cables to keep them from being seen. Corsair has been updating several of their power supply series and the TX series is the latest in the line of refreshments.
Fast forward to today and we now have the Corsair TX Version 2. The specific power supply on the bench right now is the Corsair TX850V2. On the surface, the TX850V2 differs little from its predecessor. Connector availability remains the same and if it wasn't for the sticker denoting it as a TX850V2 instead of a TX850W, you probably wouldn't know they were different.
Corsair took a good look at the internals and decided to make some changes there, bringing with it improved efficiency and higher quality DC output. Read on as we take an in depth look at the Corsair TX850V2.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Taking a look at the power rating chart, those familiar with the TX850W will notice that the TX850V2 has a little less power on the minor rails; 25A each. Power available on the 12V rail has remained the same, providing up to 70A under full load.
The TX850V2 has a great list of features going for it. Aside from the current, voltage, circuit, and power protections, the TX850V2 has fully sleeved cables. Before, the cable sleeving stopped just short of entering the power supply and now goes all of the way inside. The power supply has also been updated to comply with ATX V2.3. The TX850V2 is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. Perhaps one of the largest changes to the TX850V2 is that the power supply is now 80Plus Bronze certified instead of simply 80Plus certified. This means a tad bit more efficiency has been squeezed out of the unit.
Those looking to get their hands on the TX850V2 shouldn't have any trouble as it is readily available. Corsair has set an MSRP of $139 on the TX850V2, but a little bit of searching will yield cheaper results as usual. Newegg currently has the power supply with a $20 mail-in rebate dropping the price down to $119, and that includes free shipping. Warranty for the TX series power supplies remains unchanged and they will be covered for 5 years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform