Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Underneath it all this is a typical tower cooler design that is built from thirty-seven aluminum fins that are press-fit onto four U shaped heat pipes. This compact design offers great results and only takes up 102mm by 88mm with the fan on it, and stands at a short 142mm tall. Where the four, 6mm diameter, U shaped pipes pass through the base, they make direct contact to the processor, and the aluminum base is drilled to accept the mounting hardware. To hold the fan in place, Shagon' has made a plastic shroud that covers the top fin and heat pipes, as well as the leading edges of the cooler. This molded shroud comes in a plumb purple color, which is not a normal color choice, but sets Shagon' apart in a crowd.
On the front of the cooler we have to have a fan to cool things down. Shagon' chose a Power Logic fan that had a black frame and purple fan blades on the 92mm fan that is included. It attaches to the shroud via four pre-attached rubber fan mounts. These pull through the holes in the fan to mount, but the rubber isolates the fins from any vibrations. The 4-pin powered PWM fan is capable of maximums of 2400 RPM, 41.84 CFM and 32dBA of noise. Both units, the cooler body and the fan, are very light as well; weighing in at just over a pound, or exactly 460 grams. Compatibility is quite good and offers a fit with all the latest processors including LGA1155.
Availability isn't quite there yet. You have to realize this is a brand new product released by a brand new company, and these things take some time. During my conversations I was able to work out that the MSRP for the Shagon' ARC-118 will shift at $29.99 US dollars. And from what I have seen this is quite the package for that price Shagon' is asking. If 120mm fan cooler towers aren't your thing, or of the confines of the case limit your options, the ARC-118 can handle whatever you are going to throw at it, and still have some room to keep raising the clocks. The only issue I see is you will have to wait until mid-June to see them in stores near you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Pottermore website can generate Patronus via online test
- You can now play Nintendo 64 games on Xbox One
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now