Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With a cooler of this nature you have to take into consideration the CFM produced by the fan included in the kit. These results are with the fan running at 7.5V, so considerably less CFM than the almost 50 CFM this fan tops out at. The results aren't chart topping, but do show this cooler is on point with the Jing and Hati; both silent cooling solutions.
The load testing results are confusing to me. The results show mediocre performance at best with the fan that comes included with the Freezer 13 PRO. Don't get me wrong, these are respectable results for what you get, but at what temperature does Arctic Cooling consider this cooler 300 Watts capable? - With their test results I'm seeing a processor under 200 Watts and in a very cool room. Without replacing the fan I wouldn't want to use this cooler on something that hot.
Where this fan makes up for its mediocre temperatures, is the fact that at low RPM the fan is almost inaudible, as shown by the lowest result of any cooler tested to date.
With the fans at full speed the results are very good as well. The ISGC-300 is the only cooler I have tested with less noise, and up to now I sort of thought it was a fluke. It's good to see this low of a noise level, but as you saw, it did affect the performance of the cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook Messenger now features mentions and reactions
- Futuremark deploys Vulkan API test in 3DMark
- Star Wars Battlefront, Need for Speed sequels teased
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse