The Corsair SP2500 is a great and timely product that aims high and hits many targets - Many that have not been in the realms of achievability for desktop speakers in the past. Key features like a well executed subwoofer enclosure, active crossover and bi-amping really take this system way above anything else out there at the moment.
When it comes down to real world listening, things get even better still. On offer; a level of balance tonal clarity and clever tuning that make for an enveloping and detailed soundstage. The likes of which really surprise us to be honest. Then that surprise turns to appreciation for a job well done.
What we really liked almost of all was that Corsair have covered everything that's important. And let it be said we have never seen a system in this class do that. There's always something that's been missed; the quality of the cables, the size of the sub or not having a tweeter; maybe even poor amplification. But that's just the thing, they've got everything right! - We almost had to rub our eyes to make sure it was true.
Inevitably the question of value comes up, and as always it's a subjective one. In our minds for $250 U.S. there has never been a better 2.1 system that we have received for testing. We feel that if this system had a European or exotic Hi-Fi brand name hanging off the front, the price would double without a doubt, and they'd still sell quite well not withstanding.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards