The Corsair SP2500 is a great and timely product that aims high and hits many targets - Many that have not been in the realms of achievability for desktop speakers in the past. Key features like a well executed subwoofer enclosure, active crossover and bi-amping really take this system way above anything else out there at the moment.
When it comes down to real world listening, things get even better still. On offer; a level of balance tonal clarity and clever tuning that make for an enveloping and detailed soundstage. The likes of which really surprise us to be honest. Then that surprise turns to appreciation for a job well done.
What we really liked almost of all was that Corsair have covered everything that's important. And let it be said we have never seen a system in this class do that. There's always something that's been missed; the quality of the cables, the size of the sub or not having a tweeter; maybe even poor amplification. But that's just the thing, they've got everything right! - We almost had to rub our eyes to make sure it was true.
Inevitably the question of value comes up, and as always it's a subjective one. In our minds for $250 U.S. there has never been a better 2.1 system that we have received for testing. We feel that if this system had a European or exotic Hi-Fi brand name hanging off the front, the price would double without a doubt, and they'd still sell quite well not withstanding.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis