ADATA has always been a well known manufacturer of memory and storage products. In early 2010, the company announced that it was entering the power supply market with the introduction of the Horus series of power supplies. The HM series comes in five different flavors ranging from 500W all the way up to 1200W, providing something for just about everyone. Today we have their HM-1200 on the bench to see how their first entry into the power supply market performs.
The ADATA HM-1200 promises to provide you with just about all the power you could ever use, even with dual processors and multiple GPU's in a single system. The 1200W of power is split between a pair of 12V rails and some seriously beefy 5V and 3.3V rails. To make full use of the 1200W, ADATA offers up a hefty amount of cables and connectors that will make sure you can power systems where cases are packed to the max with drives, GPU's and more.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The ADATA HM-1200 utilizes dual 12V rails rated for 50A each which will provide the full 1200W the power supply offers by themselves. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are capable of 30A of power as well, which will keep power hungry and overclocked systems quite satisfied.
As you would expect with ADATA's top of the line power supply, it has every feature that you could ask for. All voltage, current and power protections are present in the HM-1200. Both modular and native cables are fully sleeved and the power supply is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
ADATA has managed to achieve an 80Plus Bronze rating for the HM-1200, meaning the power supply should be at least 82% efficient throughout all of our testing. The HM-1200 also boasts SLI certification, but not labeled as CrossfireX Ready even though it is more than capable of supporting Crossfire.
Availability for the ADATA HM-1200 power supply is quite poor. The usual online stores such as Newegg and Tiger Direct don't stock the unit. A check on ADATA's website shows several other merchants that supposedly carry the power supply, but even searching on the listed sites will reveal nothing.
Turning to a quick Google search, you can find the power supply listed at a handful of places in Europe which can be had for as low as £149.99 excluding VAT. This works out to be about $239 USD which makes it competitively priced compared to other 1200W power supplies available on the market. ADATA backs up your purchase with a 3-year warranty for the HM-1200.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20