ADATA has always been a well known manufacturer of memory and storage products. In early 2010, the company announced that it was entering the power supply market with the introduction of the Horus series of power supplies. The HM series comes in five different flavors ranging from 500W all the way up to 1200W, providing something for just about everyone. Today we have their HM-1200 on the bench to see how their first entry into the power supply market performs.
The ADATA HM-1200 promises to provide you with just about all the power you could ever use, even with dual processors and multiple GPU's in a single system. The 1200W of power is split between a pair of 12V rails and some seriously beefy 5V and 3.3V rails. To make full use of the 1200W, ADATA offers up a hefty amount of cables and connectors that will make sure you can power systems where cases are packed to the max with drives, GPU's and more.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The ADATA HM-1200 utilizes dual 12V rails rated for 50A each which will provide the full 1200W the power supply offers by themselves. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are capable of 30A of power as well, which will keep power hungry and overclocked systems quite satisfied.
As you would expect with ADATA's top of the line power supply, it has every feature that you could ask for. All voltage, current and power protections are present in the HM-1200. Both modular and native cables are fully sleeved and the power supply is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
ADATA has managed to achieve an 80Plus Bronze rating for the HM-1200, meaning the power supply should be at least 82% efficient throughout all of our testing. The HM-1200 also boasts SLI certification, but not labeled as CrossfireX Ready even though it is more than capable of supporting Crossfire.
Availability for the ADATA HM-1200 power supply is quite poor. The usual online stores such as Newegg and Tiger Direct don't stock the unit. A check on ADATA's website shows several other merchants that supposedly carry the power supply, but even searching on the listed sites will reveal nothing.
Turning to a quick Google search, you can find the power supply listed at a handful of places in Europe which can be had for as low as £149.99 excluding VAT. This works out to be about $239 USD which makes it competitively priced compared to other 1200W power supplies available on the market. ADATA backs up your purchase with a 3-year warranty for the HM-1200.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit