Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Jumping into the top ten in the idle results, the R2 brings some impressive performance over the original version by almost a full two degrees.
Once the testing was run at full steam, the R2 raises up a couple more spots in the loaded results. Getting rid of that thick copper plate was a brilliant idea. It doesn't take a genius to see the improvement from 63.1 degrees to the R2 performance of 59.4°C, it's well worthy of calling the new FLC-3000 a revision and not some smoke and mirrors change in appearance.
I do remember having reservations on the first version of the wording on the package denoting the silence of the cooler. With the R2 the lowered voltage results did produce near silent results.
With the full 12V running through the wires, the amber glowing fan produced the same results I found with the fan almost two years ago. With PWM controlling the fan, it is likely you won't hear this level of noise, but as things warm up inside the case, don't be surprised if the R2 is in fact a bit audible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Nexus FLC-3000 R2 Universal CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter to Win a $1,000 NewEgg Gift Card
- HoloLens specs revealed, features 2GB RAM and 64GB storage
- ResetPlug reboots your router when internet goes out
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience