Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the Antec HCG-750, we can test it to the maximum.
Overall, the Antec HCG-750 performed well throughout our tests and voltages stayed within specifications. Normally we see voltages drop across the board as output and loads increase, however with the HCG-750 they actually raised on the 3.3V and -12V rails. The 3.3V rail was also relatively high throughout the entire test and edging on the upper limits of ATX specifications. Efficiency for the HCG-750 was spot on as it is right where it should be for the 80Plus Bronze certification.
For years Antec has provided quality power supplies for gamers and enthusiasts alike, building quite the reputation. This quality and reputation has made Antec one of the industry leaders in computer power supplies. Antec's new HCG-750 continues in what has made Antec such a successful company and it performed solidly throughout our testing.
Throughout the entire review, I found it hard to find anything to fault the HCG-750 with. The few downfalls that it has are certainly open to opinion and needs. The HCG-750 is priced a tad high and places it very close to some of the more enthusiast level power supplies, but it lacks some of the additional features you would expect in that range such as modular cabling and a 50C rating.
One would also expect tighter tolerances for voltages when looking at the enthusiast level as well. However, Antec has priced the HCG-750 where it sits right in the middle of the entry level high power market and enthusiast market, so it gives a little extra while not giving too much.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio