Antec makes sure that you have plenty of connections with the HCG-750 since all the cables are native and not modular. Those with large towers who are looking to do cable management and hide the cables in their case might find that the lengths of the main connector and PCI-E connectors are a tad on the short side, so be sure and measure before buying.
It is nice to see the inclusion of only a single FDD connector instead of two. I haven't seen a floppy drive in a gamer's computer for nearly 5 years now (or new computer for that matter), so I'm not entirely sure why manufacturers are still including them. While I'm sure there are still quite a few legacy systems out there that contain floppy drives, I'm certain there are VERY few systems that would require such a high output from a power supply AND use a floppy.
Antec makes it simple and easy concerning the 12V power distribution on the 4 rails. The first rail provides 12V power to the 24 pin main connector and all peripheral cables, while the second rail is strictly for the ATX 4+4 connector. The remaining two rails each power the pair of PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors.
Differentiating the rails is quite simple as the yellow wires for 12V are color coded. Rail 1 uses solid yellow, 2 uses yellow with a blue stripe, 3 uses yellow with a blue stripe, and 4 uses yellow with a green stripe.
A Look Inside
Antec has kept clutter to a minimum inside the HCG-750. The heatsinks used are slim and the open spaces allow for fresh air to reach everywhere inside the power supply and permit excellent airflow.
Antec uses 100% Japanese capacitors throughout the entire design of the HCG-750. On the primary side, we see a pair of Rubycon 105C caps.
On the secondary, there is a mix of Rubycon and Nippon Chemi-con capacitors. All of these are rated for 105C as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel