Antec makes sure that you have plenty of connections with the HCG-750 since all the cables are native and not modular. Those with large towers who are looking to do cable management and hide the cables in their case might find that the lengths of the main connector and PCI-E connectors are a tad on the short side, so be sure and measure before buying.
It is nice to see the inclusion of only a single FDD connector instead of two. I haven't seen a floppy drive in a gamer's computer for nearly 5 years now (or new computer for that matter), so I'm not entirely sure why manufacturers are still including them. While I'm sure there are still quite a few legacy systems out there that contain floppy drives, I'm certain there are VERY few systems that would require such a high output from a power supply AND use a floppy.
Antec makes it simple and easy concerning the 12V power distribution on the 4 rails. The first rail provides 12V power to the 24 pin main connector and all peripheral cables, while the second rail is strictly for the ATX 4+4 connector. The remaining two rails each power the pair of PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors.
Differentiating the rails is quite simple as the yellow wires for 12V are color coded. Rail 1 uses solid yellow, 2 uses yellow with a blue stripe, 3 uses yellow with a blue stripe, and 4 uses yellow with a green stripe.
A Look Inside
Antec has kept clutter to a minimum inside the HCG-750. The heatsinks used are slim and the open spaces allow for fresh air to reach everywhere inside the power supply and permit excellent airflow.
Antec uses 100% Japanese capacitors throughout the entire design of the HCG-750. On the primary side, we see a pair of Rubycon 105C caps.
On the secondary, there is a mix of Rubycon and Nippon Chemi-con capacitors. All of these are rated for 105C as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design