Antec makes sure that you have plenty of connections with the HCG-750 since all the cables are native and not modular. Those with large towers who are looking to do cable management and hide the cables in their case might find that the lengths of the main connector and PCI-E connectors are a tad on the short side, so be sure and measure before buying.
It is nice to see the inclusion of only a single FDD connector instead of two. I haven't seen a floppy drive in a gamer's computer for nearly 5 years now (or new computer for that matter), so I'm not entirely sure why manufacturers are still including them. While I'm sure there are still quite a few legacy systems out there that contain floppy drives, I'm certain there are VERY few systems that would require such a high output from a power supply AND use a floppy.
Antec makes it simple and easy concerning the 12V power distribution on the 4 rails. The first rail provides 12V power to the 24 pin main connector and all peripheral cables, while the second rail is strictly for the ATX 4+4 connector. The remaining two rails each power the pair of PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors.
Differentiating the rails is quite simple as the yellow wires for 12V are color coded. Rail 1 uses solid yellow, 2 uses yellow with a blue stripe, 3 uses yellow with a blue stripe, and 4 uses yellow with a green stripe.
A Look Inside
Antec has kept clutter to a minimum inside the HCG-750. The heatsinks used are slim and the open spaces allow for fresh air to reach everywhere inside the power supply and permit excellent airflow.
Antec uses 100% Japanese capacitors throughout the entire design of the HCG-750. On the primary side, we see a pair of Rubycon 105C caps.
On the secondary, there is a mix of Rubycon and Nippon Chemi-con capacitors. All of these are rated for 105C as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience