Gateway has a vast line of notebooks that run from high-end gaming and multimedia rigs down to cheap netbooks. Its range is also very strong in the middle of the market where many consumers look to spend their money. Today I have the Gateway ID49C13u notebook on my test bench and it is a mid-range machine for the masses.
Gateway did a good job of making the notebook look different from most of the mid-range offerings with a crazy looking single piece track pad. The notebook has some other nice features and is crammed with hardware that will perform swimmingly for the majority of users.
This notebook is sized well, skirting the line between an ultraportable and a full-size multimedia rig offering some of the benefits of each, but you do have to live with some compromises. If you are a media fan that needs a notebook that works well for a multitude of tasks, the Gateway ID49C13u may be just what you are looking for. Read on for all of the details.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
The Gateway ID49C13u isn't available at the typical online stores like Amazon and Newegg. You can buy the notebook directly from Gateway at a price of $849.99. For that reasonable price, you get the following hardware inside the handsome notebook:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Gateway ID49C13u]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH and Super Pi]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iPad Pro chip A9X broken down, specs revealed
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Apacer announces new Panther 2666MHz DDR4 RAM modules
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis