Gateway has a vast line of notebooks that run from high-end gaming and multimedia rigs down to cheap netbooks. Its range is also very strong in the middle of the market where many consumers look to spend their money. Today I have the Gateway ID49C13u notebook on my test bench and it is a mid-range machine for the masses.
Gateway did a good job of making the notebook look different from most of the mid-range offerings with a crazy looking single piece track pad. The notebook has some other nice features and is crammed with hardware that will perform swimmingly for the majority of users.
This notebook is sized well, skirting the line between an ultraportable and a full-size multimedia rig offering some of the benefits of each, but you do have to live with some compromises. If you are a media fan that needs a notebook that works well for a multitude of tasks, the Gateway ID49C13u may be just what you are looking for. Read on for all of the details.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
The Gateway ID49C13u isn't available at the typical online stores like Amazon and Newegg. You can buy the notebook directly from Gateway at a price of $849.99. For that reasonable price, you get the following hardware inside the handsome notebook:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Gateway ID49C13u]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH and Super Pi]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- All the legit Destiny 2 deals for PC during release week
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard