As we recently said, in motherboards it's all about the features. After all, you are getting the same basic chipsets across each market segment (X58, P55, H5x, 890, etc.). Because of this the performance envelope is something like 5-10% difference on average. True, there are some extreme cases where you might see as much as 20%, but those are going to be very expensive products.
To combat this, motherboard manufacturers are finding new ways to add on features to attract buyers. We have seen these manifest as better power regulation, more PCIe slots, multiple BIOSes along with improved audio and LAN chips. Lately ASRock has been taking a somewhat different approach. As we saw in their P55 Extreme4, ASRock is working to add more SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0 ports. On the P55 Extreme ASRock broke out of the typical two of each and managed to pack in four USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 ports.
So now we move on to the X58 Extreme6. With this board ASRock has bumped up the stakes. Now we find six SUB 3.0 and six SATA 3.0 ports. This is additional to a few other nice features and all for just $234.99 at NewEgg.com. Now we need to see if all of these high bandwidth ports can play well together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications