As we recently said, in motherboards it's all about the features. After all, you are getting the same basic chipsets across each market segment (X58, P55, H5x, 890, etc.). Because of this the performance envelope is something like 5-10% difference on average. True, there are some extreme cases where you might see as much as 20%, but those are going to be very expensive products.
To combat this, motherboard manufacturers are finding new ways to add on features to attract buyers. We have seen these manifest as better power regulation, more PCIe slots, multiple BIOSes along with improved audio and LAN chips. Lately ASRock has been taking a somewhat different approach. As we saw in their P55 Extreme4, ASRock is working to add more SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0 ports. On the P55 Extreme ASRock broke out of the typical two of each and managed to pack in four USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 ports.
So now we move on to the X58 Extreme6. With this board ASRock has bumped up the stakes. Now we find six SUB 3.0 and six SATA 3.0 ports. This is additional to a few other nice features and all for just $234.99 at NewEgg.com. Now we need to see if all of these high bandwidth ports can play well together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset