The Corsair Air Series A50 Performance CPU Cooler
You can clearly see the 8mm heat pipes are the lowest part of the cooler so they can make direct contact. They are held in place with the aluminium base plate that also has holes for mounting the hardware a bit later. The three fat heat pipes then go into the body of fins and pass through forty-five fins, then are terminated proudly off the top fin.
Without the fan, the profile of the A50 is thin at only 52mm thick. Since the mounting of the hardware sits proud of the aluminum base plate, you can see that the A50 won't extend over the memory modules.
From the top you can see Corsair has painted the top fin so it will blend into all the new painted interiors, and match most motherboards. In the center is the Corsair name and ship logo stamped into the fin. This acts as advertising the name of the cooler, but the deviation in the fins disturbs the air and will help heat transfer be more efficient; that and the gentle curve on the right side that offers the correct fan spacing.
For AMD users, you will need to slide the latch bar into these two groves on the top of the base plate, and lock the cooler into place with the stock plastic ring around the socket.
The pipes are level with each other, and for the most part, they are level with the aluminum bits between each pipe. There are some good sized gaps that will take a bit more TIM where the pipes run next to the aluminium. On the outer edges of the aluminium there are four countersunk holes for mounting the Intel cross bar setup that Corsair has decided to use.
The CF12B25H12A fan is already mounted to the shroud in the hardware box via the rubber bits you see sticking out of the corners. This will keep vibrations to a minimum. This fan comes with a 3-pin connector, so it can either run at a full 12V or if your motherboard offers finite control in the BIOS or via software, you can use that; but no PWM feature.
Inside the shroud in all four corners there are rubber pads to isolate the shroud from the aluminium fins. Every contact surface has been addressed in this configuration to give the least amount of vibrations.
With the small groove in the side of the fin arrangement, the shroud simply clips over the one side of the cooler. It is held in place with four tabs; two of which can be seen on this side.
Once the fan assembly is in place you can see the A50 keeps that slim profile. As I mentioned, even with the tallest RAM, I don't think there are going to be many complaints about fitting issues with this air cooler.
The fan is actually a bit larger than the forty-five fin body of the cooler. This should get the most fins behind useable CFM, and with the aid of the shroud, Corsair is using every CFM they can get from their choice of accompanying fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Air Series A50 Performance CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset