Team Group has what is essentially a standard SandForce SF-1200 with the 30K IOPS programming, but put it in a really attractive gold anodized case that deserves to be shown in your custom PC. Team has a bit of history with high performance PCs and they have a following, so those who need to know already know what the story is there.
When it comes to performance, it is difficult to improve upon the best 100 to 128GB SSD on the market, but Team gave it their best shot. The 30K IOPS programming should allow Team to keep the cost down, but still deliver performance that is higher than your run of the mill SF-1200.
That leads us right into the price and availability. At this time both of these are lost in space; we have no idea what Team Group will start the Xtreem S1 at or when exactly we will see them. More importantly, we don't know where the market will be at when Team does bring these drives to market.
As it sits now, you can pick up at 120GB SandForce SF-1200 for less than 300 USD and if you look hard enough it is possible to get closer to the 250 USD mark. Team is going to need to get these drives closer to that 250 than the 300 to keep consumers happy. Let's hope they can hit that mark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing, Availability and Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Team Xtreem S1 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Adromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- what you can get 's a cuddle
- comment on joint sinks into Billboard's number one Three songs of the
- sticked at the apartment
- Balochistan to the south west place most typically associated with Pa
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines