Our load tests leverage a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as a hotbox, oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The six tests being performed are based around five concievable setups that are out there:-
- Test 1 is based around a standard gaming system that would place a load of about 20%.
- Test 2 is delving into an entry-level SLI setup, pulling about 50%.
- Test 3 starts going into an enthusiast's SLI or Crossfire setup, drawing a 65% load.
- Test 4 is for an SLi/Crossfire setup with high-end cards incl. 3-way arrangements pulling 100%.
- Test 5 takes the configuration for test four, but adds overclocking.
- Test 6 utilizes the maximum capacity of the testing equipment or the PSU; whichever is higher.
The test equipment pulls a max of 1000 Watts during these tests.
This unit does a fantastic job reaching the certified efficiency levels up until it really gets pushed. It sticks around in the mid-eighties up until test five, where it drops to 79% through test six; which is ok, I suppose, given your usage.
When something is stressed, it will lose its efficiency. Think "hot rod at the drag strip". It isn't exactly going to sip fuel while ripping down the lane. Despite having said that, it is a bit disappointing having discovered the dwindling efficiency during heavy use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup