Our load tests leverage a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as a hotbox, oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The six tests being performed are based around five concievable setups that are out there:-
- Test 1 is based around a standard gaming system that would place a load of about 20%.
- Test 2 is delving into an entry-level SLI setup, pulling about 50%.
- Test 3 starts going into an enthusiast's SLI or Crossfire setup, drawing a 65% load.
- Test 4 is for an SLi/Crossfire setup with high-end cards incl. 3-way arrangements pulling 100%.
- Test 5 takes the configuration for test four, but adds overclocking.
- Test 6 utilizes the maximum capacity of the testing equipment or the PSU; whichever is higher.
The test equipment pulls a max of 1000 Watts during these tests.
This unit does a fantastic job reaching the certified efficiency levels up until it really gets pushed. It sticks around in the mid-eighties up until test five, where it drops to 79% through test six; which is ok, I suppose, given your usage.
When something is stressed, it will lose its efficiency. Think "hot rod at the drag strip". It isn't exactly going to sip fuel while ripping down the lane. Despite having said that, it is a bit disappointing having discovered the dwindling efficiency during heavy use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4