When AMD brought out the new 8xx series chipset they did things in an odd way. Their first release was the 890GX. This was a high-end version of the chipset, but it had an IGP (internal graphics processor) which is not normally how things work. For some reason, this has been the path that AMD has taken. Not that long after the release of the 890GX (and the later the 890FX) we are down to the 870 flavor of the chipset.
This particular 870 is sitting on an ASRock designed PCB with some intriguing features. According to ASRock, the 870 Extreme3 is the first motherboard to have Core Unlocking available on it. It also has USB 3.0, SATA 3.0, and (if the packaging is accurate) eSATA 3.0. Let's see if this $109.99 (from NewEgg.com at the time of writing) motherboard is up to the title 'Extreme' or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Radeon Vega 8, Vega 10 spotted: Raven Ridge APU tech?
- CRYENGINE environments look better than real life
- Quantum Break to receive Xbox One X enhancements
- Xbox One X trade-in offer revealed
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect