When AMD brought out the new 8xx series chipset they did things in an odd way. Their first release was the 890GX. This was a high-end version of the chipset, but it had an IGP (internal graphics processor) which is not normally how things work. For some reason, this has been the path that AMD has taken. Not that long after the release of the 890GX (and the later the 890FX) we are down to the 870 flavor of the chipset.
This particular 870 is sitting on an ASRock designed PCB with some intriguing features. According to ASRock, the 870 Extreme3 is the first motherboard to have Core Unlocking available on it. It also has USB 3.0, SATA 3.0, and (if the packaging is accurate) eSATA 3.0. Let's see if this $109.99 (from NewEgg.com at the time of writing) motherboard is up to the title 'Extreme' or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family