First the bad; the cooler is a little loud for my liking and while we're dealing with more high end performance, it's still a mid range card. Now for the good. Well, that's easy; everything else! - Performance on the model is stronger than the strongest we've seen and really, performance isn't all that far away from a GTX 470 which costs significantly more.
Priced at $255 as well, it's aggressive and while you're paying a premium for the overclock, the bottom line is the huge overclock does wonders for performance. The cooler while being a bit loud is pretty good. It keeps the temps at a good level and honestly, the ability to move it back to get access to the heatsink without voiding warranty is a nice little feature. It's exceptionally handy for systems that get very dusty or for people who just like to keep their system fairly dust free.
It's nice to see that Galaxy have chosen to include a Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable and not just adapter. It ultimately helps the package stand out a little more when compared to some of the other cards we've looked at.
Galaxy has as always done a great job; I think the fact that they're a NVIDIA only partner means that when it comes to building NVIDIA cards they want to aim to be the best while making sure pricing is still aggressive. I think because of that drive we're seeing great models from them. The GTX 460 Super OC doesn't disappoint and the Super OC name is very well deserved.
If we dealt with boxes, the Galaxy GTX 460 Super OC would tick all of them; it's a stand out compared to the cards that over clock in the 700MHz range which while impressive just aren't the same as these ones that come in at the 800MHz range.
The biggest clocks to date, the decision to overclock the memory, inclusion of the Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable and the cool heatsink/fan design make the model stand out from the competition. The fan could've been a little quieter and you could drop it manually down a bit when just working in Windows, but really, we're just trying to find something wrong at this point.
This is a stand out GTX 460 and just a stand out video card in general. Parting with your hard earned dollars on this card shouldn't be hard as Galaxy has laid everything on the table and we're just lapping it up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni