It's been a while since I've been this excited about a mid range video card. It's crazy these days at what a mid range card is and even more so insane at what a mid range card is capable of doing.
A mid range card is ultimately based on the price of the model and not the performance it offers. The same is done with a high end card and for that reason we find that sometimes high end cards don't deliver when you consider the price of the product. The same is seen in the mid range market as well.
It's become clear that NVIDIA are delivering in the mid range market just by having a look at the GTX 460s we've already tested. NVIDIA seem to be offering high end performance at a mid range price level. For you, the consumer, there's nothing better. We all love a good bang for buck and that seems to be what NVIDIA are delivering with the GTX 460.
The particular one we're looking at today is the Galaxy version that comes in with the Super OC tag. While in the past I would be a little skeptical about a company outside of maybe GIGABYTE giving us the Super anything tag, there's some serious OC potential with these cards with most companies offering a 700+MHz offering and Palit even offering us a 800MHz model.
So the question on our mind today is, how Super is the Super OC from Galaxy? - Before we get stuck into the card and more importantly its specifications, let's first look at the package Galaxy has put together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]