MX-4 and The Competition
Since we got the sample of MX-4 as a pre-released product, there is no packaging. My sample of MX-4 arrived in a plain brown box with some paper packing inside. Arctic Cooling does seem to have a design and artwork concept already, as they did take the time to have sticker made for the four gram tubes for our testing. Nothing out of the ordinary here, they kept the same syringe and press on cap design we are already used to.
You saw the list of specs for them all, and here is the competition with the MX-4 sitting front and center.
I wanted to do a small "spread-ability" test for all of the TIMs in the lineup. I know I can't be the only guy out there who likes the ability of putting a "dob" of material on a die and just spreading it thinly with a finger tip. As you can see, I tried to squeeze out equal amounts of TIM for each on the list.
Taking a few of the spatulas I received from Gelid over the years, I took the spatula to each "dob" of the TIM. The coarseness of the paper is not unlike a milled heatsink, so it shows very similar results as if it was applied to a heatsink or IHS. You can see that the NT-H1, the PK-2 and the MX-2 in the middle along with the GC-2 spread well with even the spatula. The other four are what I would say are those that have limited "spread-ability" and will most likely end up with more material on the spreader than on the surface.
This is the other half of the torture testing. I will be using the new Cooler Master V6 GT to do the cooling, while our TECC brings on the pain from underneath.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [MX-4 and The Competition]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds pulls in $100 million
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 to cost little over $900
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller