The BIOS on the Foxconn board is not the most complex. It is simple and in its own way clean. We were a little surprised at the voltage options. Instead of being direct input they were offset only. For many this might be confusing, especially new comers to the overclocking world.
All of your overclocking features are in the Fox Central Control Unit.
In the Intelligent Stepping page we find the controls for the frequencies available on the A88GM Deluxe.
Again the voltage options are not what the average enthusiast or overclocker would want. Offset can be tricky and there are a limited number of options available.
The CPU configuration is pretty easy to grasp.
The Advanced Chipset Features page has all of the memory tweaks including the memory settings for the IGP.
Our overclocking time with the Foxconn A88GM Deluxe was both easy and confusing. For some reason if we pushed the bus over 240 the board would automatically drop the multiplier to 4. Nothing we did would change this. At 241 the system would kick back to a 4x multi. So in the end our final clock was 240x16 for a 3.84GHz OC. The board was perfectly stable at this speed, you would probably be able to run at this speed 24/7 to be honest.
You can see the validation for the Phenom II X6 on the A88GM Deluxe here.
The included overclocking software is not one of our favorites. In fact is it probably one of the cheesiest we have seen. It is limited and not very good at pushing the system.
The auto overclocking functions have multiple warnings about overclocking but in the end only got us to 3.3GHz stable.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis