As you have heard us say before, the average home network is getting more and more sophisticated. As this happens the amount of traffic on these networks grow. We see gaming packets, streaming audio and video, file transfers, LPR (Line Print Requests), scanned documents and much more. All of this traffic begins to slow down the average wireless home network due to the sheer amount of packets flowing over the air.
There has to be a way to segment some of this traffic off and to make sure that different types of traffic do not overlap, causing lag and stutter in data throughput. Well, there is a way (I know you knew I was going to say that). The way to fix the issue is to operate multiple frequencies on the same access point. These frequencies (called bands) also need to run concurrent and to allow the same level of access to files (if desired). There are a few of these out on the market now and they are aimed at helping to sort out all that traffic on your home network.
Today we are taking a look at a higher-end model from TRENDnet; the TEW-673GRU. This features concurrent Dual Band radios, all Gbe (Gigabit Ethernet) ports (even the WAN) and a nice LCD display on the top. With a price tag of $164.99 at NewEgg.com it is not cheap. So let's see if the TEW-673GRU is worth the price and can help to unclutter your wireless network.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now