As you have heard us say before, the average home network is getting more and more sophisticated. As this happens the amount of traffic on these networks grow. We see gaming packets, streaming audio and video, file transfers, LPR (Line Print Requests), scanned documents and much more. All of this traffic begins to slow down the average wireless home network due to the sheer amount of packets flowing over the air.
There has to be a way to segment some of this traffic off and to make sure that different types of traffic do not overlap, causing lag and stutter in data throughput. Well, there is a way (I know you knew I was going to say that). The way to fix the issue is to operate multiple frequencies on the same access point. These frequencies (called bands) also need to run concurrent and to allow the same level of access to files (if desired). There are a few of these out on the market now and they are aimed at helping to sort out all that traffic on your home network.
Today we are taking a look at a higher-end model from TRENDnet; the TEW-673GRU. This features concurrent Dual Band radios, all Gbe (Gigabit Ethernet) ports (even the WAN) and a nice LCD display on the top. With a price tag of $164.99 at NewEgg.com it is not cheap. So let's see if the TEW-673GRU is worth the price and can help to unclutter your wireless network.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system