Not that long ago Apple dropped the iPad on the world. First we saw the WiFi flavour followed about a month later by the 3G kind. However, the 3G version has a rather large and disproportionate cost attached to it ($130 extra). Further to that, you need to pay extra to get the service through AT&T.
Now, for many this is an extra cost that they are not going to want to pay. Or they may already have a data service they are paying for and do not need (or want) an extra account with AT&T.
Fear not, as there are answers. We take a look at one from TRENDnet. This is the TEW-655BR3G/A, a portable Wireless N router that can work with more than a few existing 3G USB modems. With the ability to be connected over LAN or WiFI, you have a good deal of options with this new product and with a price tag of only $89.99 from Newegg.com, it is not that much of a stretch.
Let's take this one on the road and see if it can keep our 16GB iPad WiFi and netbook connected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity