Not that long ago Apple dropped the iPad on the world. First we saw the WiFi flavour followed about a month later by the 3G kind. However, the 3G version has a rather large and disproportionate cost attached to it ($130 extra). Further to that, you need to pay extra to get the service through AT&T.
Now, for many this is an extra cost that they are not going to want to pay. Or they may already have a data service they are paying for and do not need (or want) an extra account with AT&T.
Fear not, as there are answers. We take a look at one from TRENDnet. This is the TEW-655BR3G/A, a portable Wireless N router that can work with more than a few existing 3G USB modems. With the ability to be connected over LAN or WiFI, you have a good deal of options with this new product and with a price tag of only $89.99 from Newegg.com, it is not that much of a stretch.
Let's take this one on the road and see if it can keep our 16GB iPad WiFi and netbook connected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent