Not that long ago Apple dropped the iPad on the world. First we saw the WiFi flavour followed about a month later by the 3G kind. However, the 3G version has a rather large and disproportionate cost attached to it ($130 extra). Further to that, you need to pay extra to get the service through AT&T.
Now, for many this is an extra cost that they are not going to want to pay. Or they may already have a data service they are paying for and do not need (or want) an extra account with AT&T.
Fear not, as there are answers. We take a look at one from TRENDnet. This is the TEW-655BR3G/A, a portable Wireless N router that can work with more than a few existing 3G USB modems. With the ability to be connected over LAN or WiFI, you have a good deal of options with this new product and with a price tag of only $89.99 from Newegg.com, it is not that much of a stretch.
Let's take this one on the road and see if it can keep our 16GB iPad WiFi and netbook connected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- American Crime Story will stream exclusively on Netflix
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio