2133MHz DDR is a bit of a pain in the butt number. The problem is that we find ourselves at 4.5GHz or 3.7GHz due to the multipliers. We did opt for the higher speed first, but didn't have any luck getting into Windows at 2133MHz DDR 9-9-9-27.
In hoping it was going to be no fault to the modules themselves, we tried the 178 BCLK and we got into Windows without an issue. It's a little bit of a pain, but it's no fault to Kingston; it's more a multiplier issue.
The problem is that if the kit was a 2000MHz DDR one we could set our BCLK at 200 which would push the CPU speed up while keeping the memory at that 2000MHz DDR number. Instead, while we have more MHz on the RAM, we have had to drop off the CPU MHz which can skew our results slightly. We'll talk about that more in our benchmarks, though.
You can see the validation here.
In the end, getting to 2133MHz at 9-9-9-27 wasn't an issue when we calmed the CPU down. We didn't expect anything less from Kingston, so getting the stock clocks out of the box with no issue came as no surprise.
When it came to overclocking we had some joy increasing the clocks from the standard 2133MHz DDR. Keeping the timings the same, we managed to achieve 2274MHz DDR which is a good 140MHz DDR over the default speeds.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance