Having a look at the two kits, you can see there's nothing we haven't really seen before when it comes to the packaging of the modules. The main difference is of course that one is a triple channel kit and the other is a dual channel one. Both are part of the Platinum series.
The back of the package gives us a run down on some of the main features that both kits offer us. Across the bottom of both we've got the model numbers which we'll look at closer when we check out the modules themselves.
Having a look at the dual channel kit, we don't see anything that we haven't seen before from the Platinum series from OCZ. We've got a fairly basic heatsink design with the Z logo in the middle.
On one side we have a sticker that gives us a run down on the specifications. You can clearly see it's a PC3-12800 kit that carries with it 7-7-7 at 1.65v when it comes to timings. Just below this, you can see that the particular module is a 2GB one which will make up a 4GB kit with the second.
The Tri-Chan kit is exactly the same really in most ways. The only real difference apart from the extra 2GB module is the fact that this kit uses a more aggressive 6-6-6 at 1.65v setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset