Having a look at the two kits, you can see there's nothing we haven't really seen before when it comes to the packaging of the modules. The main difference is of course that one is a triple channel kit and the other is a dual channel one. Both are part of the Platinum series.
The back of the package gives us a run down on some of the main features that both kits offer us. Across the bottom of both we've got the model numbers which we'll look at closer when we check out the modules themselves.
Having a look at the dual channel kit, we don't see anything that we haven't seen before from the Platinum series from OCZ. We've got a fairly basic heatsink design with the Z logo in the middle.
On one side we have a sticker that gives us a run down on the specifications. You can clearly see it's a PC3-12800 kit that carries with it 7-7-7 at 1.65v when it comes to timings. Just below this, you can see that the particular module is a 2GB one which will make up a 4GB kit with the second.
The Tri-Chan kit is exactly the same really in most ways. The only real difference apart from the extra 2GB module is the fact that this kit uses a more aggressive 6-6-6 at 1.65v setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent