Having a look at the two kits, you can see there's nothing we haven't really seen before when it comes to the packaging of the modules. The main difference is of course that one is a triple channel kit and the other is a dual channel one. Both are part of the Platinum series.
The back of the package gives us a run down on some of the main features that both kits offer us. Across the bottom of both we've got the model numbers which we'll look at closer when we check out the modules themselves.
Having a look at the dual channel kit, we don't see anything that we haven't seen before from the Platinum series from OCZ. We've got a fairly basic heatsink design with the Z logo in the middle.
On one side we have a sticker that gives us a run down on the specifications. You can clearly see it's a PC3-12800 kit that carries with it 7-7-7 at 1.65v when it comes to timings. Just below this, you can see that the particular module is a 2GB one which will make up a 4GB kit with the second.
The Tri-Chan kit is exactly the same really in most ways. The only real difference apart from the extra 2GB module is the fact that this kit uses a more aggressive 6-6-6 at 1.65v setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni