Lynnfield boards are now starting to come out thick in fast. Even before Computex 2009 went underway we were hearing model numbers and names being thrown around as well as seeing early images of certain boards. And weeks before launch we were even given a couple of boards for preview. The ASUS P7P55D Deluxe was one and GIGABYTE kindly sent early samples of its UD4 for a quick lookover as well.
Now that the Core i5 and Core i7 8xx series are officially out, we are seeing so many companies throwing out various P55 based boards. ASUS already has sent us their P7P55D which we reviewed earlier. This board is aimed at the mid-range and high-end crowd. Today the Maximus III Formula arrives for a good going over. This board is aimed at the high-end to enthusiast level crowd and is part of the Republic of Gamers series.
While ASUS has aimed it high, it carries a modest $249.99 price tag over at Newegg, which for a board of this calibre is quite aggressively priced. With support for all the current LGA 1156 processors, let's see just what it can handle today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now