Lynnfield boards are now starting to come out thick in fast. Even before Computex 2009 went underway we were hearing model numbers and names being thrown around as well as seeing early images of certain boards. And weeks before launch we were even given a couple of boards for preview. The ASUS P7P55D Deluxe was one and GIGABYTE kindly sent early samples of its UD4 for a quick lookover as well.
Now that the Core i5 and Core i7 8xx series are officially out, we are seeing so many companies throwing out various P55 based boards. ASUS already has sent us their P7P55D which we reviewed earlier. This board is aimed at the mid-range and high-end crowd. Today the Maximus III Formula arrives for a good going over. This board is aimed at the high-end to enthusiast level crowd and is part of the Republic of Gamers series.
While ASUS has aimed it high, it carries a modest $249.99 price tag over at Newegg, which for a board of this calibre is quite aggressively priced. With support for all the current LGA 1156 processors, let's see just what it can handle today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent