The G.Skill Falcon II
Not much has changed on the outside for the Falcon Series; the Falcon II looks nearly identical to the first Falcon we reviewed months ago.
The back of the drive has all of the model and serial number information as well as some performance numbers.
The side of the drive has all of the standard mounting locations that we are accustomed to seeing.
Let's move on to the inside of the drive.
Here we get a good look at the Intel 34nm flash memory used in the Falcon II. The 64GB drive uses only a single stack of flash.
Being only a 64GB drive, only half of the board is used to hold memory. The 128GB drive populates both sides and the 256GB drive populates both sides with double stacked flash.
Here we see the new ECO variant of the Barefoot controller with the 64MB cache module. At the top right you can also see the jumper pins that are sometimes used to flash the firmware of the drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- The Force has truly awoken, with a $2b haul worldwide
- AMD's enthusiast Polaris GPU teased, could be priced at $1700
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance