The G.Skill Falcon II
Not much has changed on the outside for the Falcon Series; the Falcon II looks nearly identical to the first Falcon we reviewed months ago.
The back of the drive has all of the model and serial number information as well as some performance numbers.
The side of the drive has all of the standard mounting locations that we are accustomed to seeing.
Let's move on to the inside of the drive.
Here we get a good look at the Intel 34nm flash memory used in the Falcon II. The 64GB drive uses only a single stack of flash.
Being only a 64GB drive, only half of the board is used to hold memory. The 128GB drive populates both sides and the 256GB drive populates both sides with double stacked flash.
Here we see the new ECO variant of the Barefoot controller with the 64MB cache module. At the top right you can also see the jumper pins that are sometimes used to flash the firmware of the drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Tesla's electric semi truck
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives