Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Bifrost consists of twenty-six aluminum fins surrounding five, 6mm diameter, copper heat-pipes, housed in an Aluminum base, all covered in black Nickel goodness. The cooler by dimensions is rather large, but weighs in at a paltry 480 grams. This weight includes the fans and shroud as well. The shroud clips over the entire top of the fins of the Bifrost and houses two 100mm fans to keep things cool. When cranked up to full speed, these fans are capable of near silent operation at 2000 RPM and each fan is pushing over 22 CFM of air over the fins.
There is quite the list of compatible graphics cards which are limited by only two factors. The most noticeable is the outside measurement of any side of the cards mounting holes. The only other factor that would make your card non-compatible would be if it were to have an extremely high GPU. What I mean here is that the measurement from the PCB to the top of the die. If your die sits too high, it may cause unwanted warping of the PCB when tension is applied. That being said, there aren't many cards, post HD 2600 or post 6800 Ultra on the list.
I know we've got this cooler a bit early here at TweakTown, so you are getting a look before they even hit stores and e-tailers. Asking Xigmatek directly about pricing, I was replied in return with a MSRP of $42.99 to buy the Bifrost VD1065. Considering that $20 barely gets you anything these days, a bit of flash and a good overall looking product can be worth $40-50 USD easily. The only potential hindering point of this is based on performance, which I will be getting to shortly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance