Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Bifrost consists of twenty-six aluminum fins surrounding five, 6mm diameter, copper heat-pipes, housed in an Aluminum base, all covered in black Nickel goodness. The cooler by dimensions is rather large, but weighs in at a paltry 480 grams. This weight includes the fans and shroud as well. The shroud clips over the entire top of the fins of the Bifrost and houses two 100mm fans to keep things cool. When cranked up to full speed, these fans are capable of near silent operation at 2000 RPM and each fan is pushing over 22 CFM of air over the fins.
There is quite the list of compatible graphics cards which are limited by only two factors. The most noticeable is the outside measurement of any side of the cards mounting holes. The only other factor that would make your card non-compatible would be if it were to have an extremely high GPU. What I mean here is that the measurement from the PCB to the top of the die. If your die sits too high, it may cause unwanted warping of the PCB when tension is applied. That being said, there aren't many cards, post HD 2600 or post 6800 Ultra on the list.
I know we've got this cooler a bit early here at TweakTown, so you are getting a look before they even hit stores and e-tailers. Asking Xigmatek directly about pricing, I was replied in return with a MSRP of $42.99 to buy the Bifrost VD1065. Considering that $20 barely gets you anything these days, a bit of flash and a good overall looking product can be worth $40-50 USD easily. The only potential hindering point of this is based on performance, which I will be getting to shortly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WB Games opens New York studio for live service support
- Dynasty Warriors 9 goes open world with new combo system
- BlackBerry might unveil another smartphone soon
- Free SEGA Forever games can't save offline
- Moto G5S Plus photo leaks shows dual rear camera setup
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Lenovo ThinkStation P910 Workstation PC Review
- Ethereum mining @ 1GH/s: 40 x GPUs = $5000 per month
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced