Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Starting off with the Alpine 11 Pro, we are given a very stock-like cooler. Overall dimensions of the Alpine 11 Pro also stay close to stock as well. The main difference is the square versus round sides. While the Alpine 11 Pro is an Intel specific cooler, it is fitted for both LGA775 and LGA1156; just bear in mind that there is a company set 95 watt limit. Atop all the aluminum that is the main body of the cooler is the 36.7 CFM, near silent, anti-vibration fan. The fan is PWM controlled and runs at 500 RPM while at idle and up to 2000 RPM while at full load. The Alpine 11 Pro, being smaller, only weighs in at 428 grams and believe it or not, this little bugger has a six year warranty.
Moving on to the Arctic Cooling MX-3, we are greeted with a 4gram syringe, just like with their predecessor, MX-2. At AC's website I compared MX-3 against the MX-2 and here is what I found. While there is no listing for the thermal conductivity for MX-2, we can compare the rest of the specs head to head. The viscosity shows a jump from 850 poise in the MX-2 to 875 poise in the MX-3. Essentially that means the MX-3 is thicker. The density of the MX-3 dropped as well from 3.96 g/cm³ to 2.32 g/cm³, which in simpler terms means that the compound is more dense than water (1.0 g/cm³), and the MX-3 is just a bit less dense than aluminum (2.7g/cm³). The last difference is that the MX-3 carries an eight year durability warranty, where the MX-2 only has a six year warranty.
The Alpine 11 Pro has an MSRP listed on their website of $13.90. This is backed by a quick look into Google shopping. I found the cooler is limited to just a few e-tailers, but pricing was a bit higher on average across the board than the MSRP. Most sites were under $20 to get the Alpine 11 Pro purchased, but this is very little to ask of any wallet. I give Arctic Cooling "a big thumbs up" for a budget priced cooler.
As for the MX-3 thermal compound, I was a little set back by what I found. Most of the few sites carrying this compound list it around $13 or so. And we all know there is still that $6-7 hit for shipping, so all entailed it's going to cost close to $20 to get a tube to your house. This is a bit disconcerning as I located the MX-2 for about half that price. Finding either of these products is easy enough, just let you fingers do the typing and locate the place that their pricing suits you best.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand