Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Transcend Ultra Series uses the Indilinx Barefoot controller with 64MB cache and Samsung MLC NAND flash memory. This has been the defacto standard for most of the drives we have tested this past year. The Transcend Ultra reported in Crystal Disk Info support for the TRIM command when used on our Windows 7 test system so Transcend is shipping the drives with the latest firmware.
As mentioned in the introduction, Transcend is shipping the drives in two configurations, the 120GB and 60GB models. Pricing is a bit sketchy since not many shops are carrying the drives at this point, but the cheapest I was able to find the 120GB for was 413.99 and the 60GB for 239.00 at Newegg. After searching Newegg for other 120GB drives they only list the OCZ Summit as costing less than the 120GB Ultra and it uses the Samsung controller and is not as well suited for Windows 7 single drive configurations. That leaves the Transcend Ultra 120GB sitting in a good spot price wise when compared to the competition.
Let's move on and see if the drive is able to deliver the same level of performance as the other Barefoot drives we have tested thus far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league