Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Transcend Ultra Series uses the Indilinx Barefoot controller with 64MB cache and Samsung MLC NAND flash memory. This has been the defacto standard for most of the drives we have tested this past year. The Transcend Ultra reported in Crystal Disk Info support for the TRIM command when used on our Windows 7 test system so Transcend is shipping the drives with the latest firmware.
As mentioned in the introduction, Transcend is shipping the drives in two configurations, the 120GB and 60GB models. Pricing is a bit sketchy since not many shops are carrying the drives at this point, but the cheapest I was able to find the 120GB for was 413.99 and the 60GB for 239.00 at Newegg. After searching Newegg for other 120GB drives they only list the OCZ Summit as costing less than the 120GB Ultra and it uses the Samsung controller and is not as well suited for Windows 7 single drive configurations. That leaves the Transcend Ultra 120GB sitting in a good spot price wise when compared to the competition.
Let's move on and see if the drive is able to deliver the same level of performance as the other Barefoot drives we have tested thus far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand